Pullman Public Schools Ensuring Learning While Challenging and Supporting Each Student to Achieve Full Potential

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu

NEW Student Enrollment

Welcome to Pullman Public Schools!
Where will my student go to school?

Students are initially assigned to an attendance area school based on where the student lives. Use our 'Find My School' address lookup tool and find attendance area maps here: "Find my School" application

find my school
Can we choose a different school?
Students may apply to attend a different school. 
  • In-District Transfer requests will complete online enrollment and submit form 3131F to the Pullman Public Schools district office. 
  • Out-of-District Transfer (Choice) requests will complete online enrollment and submit form 3141F to the Pullman Public Schools district office. Out of District Transfer requests received after June 30th will not be considered until after the first day of school.
Online Enrollment for 2020-2021 School Year:
  • Online enrollment for kindergarten opens on April 20, 2020 (Children will need to be five years old by August 31, 2020 to enroll in kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year)
  • Online enrollment for NEW students in 1st-12th grades opens on May 4, 2020
How do I enroll my student for 2020-2021?

enroll    enroll
enroll - spanish    enroll - Arabic    enroll - chinese
What documents do I need to enroll my student?
1. Required for enrollment: Student's birth certificate or passport
2. Required for enrollment: Medically verified Certificate of Immunization Status or Certificate of Immunization Exemption - Immunization Information - including new requirements for 2020
3. Kindergarten students require an additional questionnaire that can be completed at the student's school. 
Note: Families Experiencing Homelessness: Students experiencing homelessness are not subject to provide required documents. Visit our McKinney-Vento Program webpage for more information.

Please complete the online enrollment process before dropping off these required documents. If you need assistance completing the online registration form, please contact your child’s school for assistance.

Please make an appointment at your student’s assigned school to drop off enrollment paperwork.

Enrollment documents for in-district transfer requests and out-of-district (choice) requests can be dropped off in the locked drop box in front of Pioneer Center (240 SE Dexter Street).


What immunizations will my student need to start school?
  • Detailed information regarding immunizations can be found here. 
Can my student be transported by bus to school?
  • Bus route information will be posted here prior to the start of school
  • If you have additional questions, please contact Tammy Lehmitz at transportation: 509-334-3911

Pullman Public Schools have a legacy of welcoming students from neighboring districts to attend our schools, as space and programs can accommodate. 


If my student lives outside of Pullman School District boundaries, how do I apply for my student to attend a Pullman School District school?

  • Out-of-District Transfer (Choice) requests will complete online enrollment and submit form 3141F to the Pullman Public Schools district office. Out of District Transfer requests received after June 30th will not be considered until after the first day of school.


If my student’s request to enroll in Pullman School District is not approved, how can I appeal?

  • The appeals process is outlined in policy 3141: Nonresident Students: “If the application is denied, the superintendent will notify the parent or guardian of the reason(s) for denial and the right to petition the board of directors, upon five school business day’s prior notice, for review of the decision and to have a hearing before the board at its next regular meeting. Following the hearing by the board, a final decision will be promptly communicated to the parent in writing. The final decision of the district to deny the admission of a nonresident student may be appealed to the Superintendent of Public Instruction or his or her designee pursuant to the process detailed in RCW 28A.225.230."


Related Policy and Form:

3141 Non-Resident Students

3141F Non-Resident Student Transfer Form

What is the procedure for requesting an In-District Transfer?
  • Parents wishing to have their student(s) attend a different school will need to complete an in-district transfer request form. Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year will be considered in August prior to the start of the school year. Approval will be based on school capacity and may also include consideration of IEP/504 or other circumstances. The form can be picked up at the District Office or can be printed from our website. Forms need to be submitted to the District Office, located at 240 SE Dexter, Pullman.


Are district employees able to select the school their student will attend?

  • The students of district certificated and classified staff must attend the school within their attendance boundary, or the staff member may fill out an in-district transfer form and their student will be allowed to attend the school where their parent works in accordance with RCW 28a.225.225. 


How does an In-District Transfer Request impact transportation?

  • Transportation for students requesting an in-district transfer will be the responsibility of the parent.


If my student’s request for an in-district transfer is not approved, how can I appeal?


Please note: Students that qualify for services under the McKinney Vento Homeless Education Act shall be exempt from attendance area transfers. Please contact the Special Programs office at 509-332-3144 or instructionalprograms@psd267.org with questions.


Please note: Students that are eligible for special education services are subject to attendance area transfers in accordance with their Individual Education Plan (IEP).


Related Policies, Procedure, and Form:

3131 Attendance Area Transfers

3131F Request for In-District Student Transfer Form