Pullman Public Schools Ensuring Learning While Challenging and Supporting Each Student to Achieve Full Potential

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
“Ensuring learning while challenging and supporting each student to achieve full potential”
Parents » In District Students – In-District Transfer Process

In District Students – In-District Transfer Process

Information and Frequently Asked Questions


How can I find out which school attendance area I live in?

Maps and an online school attendance area location tool called "Find my School" can be found here.


What is the procedure for requesting an In-District Transfer?

Parents wishing to have their student(s) attend a different school will need to complete an in-district transfer request form. We will be accepting in-district student transfer forms for those students impacted by the newly established elementary attendance areas between January 14-28, 2019. Applications received during this period will be considered and notified prior to February 28, 2019. If we cannot accommodate all requests received, a lottery process will be followed. Applications received after this period will be considered in the same pool as other in-district transfer requests. Forms can be found in the district office or on the district website (www.pullmanschools.org) under Parents/Forms. Forms should be submitted to the district office


In-District transfer applications received after January 28, 2019 will be reviewed in August prior to the start of a school year. Approval will be based on school capacity and may also include consideration of IEP/504 or other circumstances.



Are district employees able to select the school their student will attend?

The students of full time district certificated and classified staff must attend the school within their attendance boundary, or the staff member may fill out an in-district transfer form and their student will be allowed to attend the school where their parent works in accordance with RCW 28a.225.225. 



How does an In-District Transfer Request impact transportation?

Transportation for students requesting an in-district transfer will be the responsibility of the parent.



If my student’s request for an in-district transfer is not approved, how can I appeal?

If a parent or guardian submits a request for in-district transfer and is denied, they can appeal the decision following the process in Policy 4312 Complaints Concerning Staff or Programs. 




Please note: Students that qualify for services under the McKinney Vento Homeless Education Act shall be exempt from attendance area transfers. Please contact the Special Programs office at 509-332-3144 with questions.


Please note: Students that are eligible for special education services are subject to attendance area transfers in accordance with their Individual Education Plan (IEP).


Related Policies, Procedure, and Form:

3131 Attendance Area Transfers

3131F Request for In-District Student Transfer Form


Please contact Lani DeBuhr: