Dear Pullman Public School Families,
On April 6, 2020 Governor Inslee and State Superintendent, Chris Reykdal, announced that schools will be closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year in order to slow the spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus. The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) stated that districts are required to make every effort possible to make-up any days and instructional hours lost due to the COVID-19 outbreak, including extending the school year to June 19, 2020.
We understand that continued school closures are difficult on students, staff, families and the entire community. Being unable to return to school is disappointing news for all of us. The extended closure also raises numerous questions for students and families. We continually work to answer your questions as quickly as possible providing you the most current information we have available. The following are dates regarding the remainder of the academic year.
- June 6 - Pullman High School graduation. The PHS administrative team is working with seniors on the specific details for graduation. In-person graduation will be modified and/or delayed. Additional information will be shared in the coming weeks.
- June 12 - Last day of classes for seniors. During the week of June 8 – 12, seniors will be wrapping up year-end items (picking up personal items, paying fines, completing course work if necessary, etc.).
- June 19 - Last day of school. This date complies with OSPI’s guidance regarding the last day of school for the 2019-2020 school year. This demonstrates a “good faith effort” by Pullman Public Schools to show effort towards meeting the instructional hours for students.
- June 19 - Last day food service “Grab and Go” meals will be provided.
- Summer School - We are awaiting information from the Governor on whether school facilities will be open to provide summer school services to students. Additional information will be shared with families in the coming weeks as it becomes available.
- OSPI COVID-19 Closure Information, Waivers and Make-Up Days: https://www.k12.wa.us/about-ospi/press-releases/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-resources